Meyers OTW NC34311
Photographed at Oshkosh AirVenture on 29 July 2004.
The Meyers OTW aircraft was designed as a primary trainer in the late 1930s by Allen H. Meyers. These two-seat, biplanes were of all-metal construction (except for the fabric covering on the wings), and powered by radial engines of from 125 to 160 horsepower. Production of the Meyers OTW ("Out To Win") went on from 1939 to 1942. The aircraft has a maximum speed of 120 mph, and cruises at about 90 mph. The Meyers OTW has a wingspan of 33 feet and is 22 feet long.
The sign on the side of NC34311 reads: "Martin Aerodrome American Tigers Club". This is Dennis & Dick Martin's OTW. They are from Green Bay and Richard has owned it for over 40 years logging over 3000 hours in the OTW. Owners of Martin Hardware, Green Bay, WI.
Picture added on 17 January 2010 at 17:17