Curtiss P-40E Warhawk Mk 1a AK899/N9837A
Photographed on 3 August 2003 at the EAA Air Venture convention, Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
At the time, owned by Dick Hansen and based at Batavia, Illinois.
Delivered to RCAF as 1051.
- Brought on charge: Nov. 6, 1941.
- Struck off charge: Aug. 23, 1946.
- Disposal from Patricia Bay AB, Vancouver Island.
Fred Dyson, Boeing Field, Seattle, WA, Oct. 23, 1947.
- Barged to Boeing Field, Seattle, WA, 1947.
- Registered as N1223N.
Tony Dire, Everett, WA, 1948-1968.
- Displayed gas station roof.
Bruce Goessling/Unlimited Aircraft Inc, Chino, CA, Feb. 12, 1968-1970.
- Removed from gas station.
M.E. Batchelor, Reseda, CA, 1970.
Military Aircraft Restoration Corp, Chino, CA, 1973-1985.
- Registered as N9837A, 1979.
- Arrived dismantled, 1973.
- Restored to airworthy as two-seater, Chino, CA.
John D. Pearl/Rudulphs Flying Circus, Chino, CA, Jan. 15, 1985.
Brian O'Farrel/Johnson Aviation, Miami, FL, 1987.
Richard W. Hansen, Batavia, IL, May 25, 1987-2002.
- Trucked to Janesville, WI from storage in FL, 19887.
- Rebuilt Janesville, WI & Rock County airport, IL.
- First flight, Feb. 1, 1992.
- Flew as USAAC/11456/Old Exterminator.
- Loaned to EAA Air Venture, Oshkosh, WI, 2001-2002.
Picture added on 24 November 2008