KZ IV OY-DZU at Helsingör, Denmark
Photographed in the Helsingör Technical Museum on 20 August 2008.
The company called Skandinavisk Aero Industri in Denmark built a series of aircraft denoted KZ, which stands for (Viggo) Krame and (Karl Gustav) Zeuthen, the founders of the company in 1936.
The first KZ IV, OY-DIZ, was built during the German occupation of Denmark in wartime, and first flew at Kastrup on 4 May 1944. It was delivered to the Danish Air Ambulance service "Zonen". It still flies, based at Stauning.
The second of the two built and flown is shown here, and first flew on 10 January 1949. The fuselage of the second aircraft had been destroyed by fire in the factory on 17 February 1947, but its wings had already been built and moved elsewhere. These were used for OY-DZU, which had the construction number 70.
The aircraft shown here was first used by Zonen for ambulance flights, and later used for among other things airborne photography.
Picture added on 17 October 2008