Lisunov Li-2T (Cab) c/n 18439102 at Krakow
Photographed on 12 August 2008 in the Polish Aviation Museum (Muzeum Lotnictwa Polskiego Intytucya Kultury Wojewodztwa Malopolskego) in Krakow.
This is reportedly SP-LDA, the aircraft that in May 1974 was flown to Kraków-Balice Airport and modified as cafe/snackbar, with the engines and propellers of two burnt aircraft (SP-LKE c/n 23442002 and 39 with c/n 18436204).
The Lisunov Li-2, originally designated PS-84 (NATO reporting name Cab), was a license-built version of the Douglas DC-3. It was produced by the GAZ-84 works near Moscow, and subsequently at GAZ-34 in Tashkent. The project was directed by aeronautical engineer Boris Pavlovich Lisunov.
Prewar, the PS-84 had flown with Aeroflot primarily as a passenger transport but when Germany attacked the Soviet Union in 1941, many of the PS-84s were taken into military use and redesignated the Lisunov Li-2 in 1942. The military models were equipped with a 7.62 mm ShKAS machine gun, and later with a 12.7 mm UBK heavy machine gun. The aircraft were used for transport, partisan supply, bombing and also as ambulance aircraft.
Picture added on 19 September 2008