The hosting costs of websites on this system have historically been covered by advertising. However changes in the way people use the internet, including ad-blocking mean that the revenues no longer cover the expenses. For this reason we will be closing this website within the next two months unless we can find a different model. If any users of the site would be interested in the possibility of taking this incredible archive or pictures and comments over including paying for hosting, please get in touch
Planes and Choppers
Kay Gyroplane G-ACVA at East Fortune
This is a real home-grown machine, having been designed by David Kay and John Grieve of Scone, Scotland. Their first rotary machine was built by Shields Garage in Perth but the Type 33/1 Gyroplane G-ACVA was built by Oddie, Bradury and Cull and flew for the first time at Eastleigh aerodrome, Southampton, in early 1935. Although it attracted favourable comment from the Air Ministry, G-ACVA was the only one of its type to take to the air. It was photographed on 26 November 2006 in the Museum of Flight, East Fortune, Scotland.
Picture added on 19 February 2008