Douglas Skyraider AEW.1 WT121 'CU 415'
Photographed inside Cobham Hall, the FAA Museum Yeovilton's reserve collection, on 19 April 2013.
C/n 7427, built in January 1951 and stationed at the US Navy base at NAS Norfolk before allocation to the Royal Navy. Shipped to Great Britain in March 1954 and served at RNAS Hal Far, Malta in 1955, returning to Culdrose later that year to serve with 849 Squadron.
In 1972 airlifted to RFA Engadine off the Cornish coast by Sea King helicopter, then airlifted by another Sea King to Cobham Hall.
Picture added on 30 September 2013 at 07:52