de Havilland DH112 Venom J-1704
Taken 12/9/2013 at RAF Cosford Museum.
This is the same Venom as in picture #937
and picture #15845
Built in Switzerland in 1956 for service with the Swiss Airforce.
Retired 11/10/1978 after 2350 flights totalling 1361 hours and 58 minutes flying time.
8/6/1979 The museum reached agreement with the Swiss consortium to hand her over to the museum.
Flew to RAF Greenham Common 21/6/1979.
Handed over to Group Captain Douglas Bader 24/6/1979 on behalf of the museum.
Displayed at Greenham for two days at a Tattoo.
Delivered by road to Cosford 15/3/1980.
Picture added on 30 September 2013 at 07:51