The hosting costs of websites on this system have historically been covered by advertising. However changes in the way people use the internet, including ad-blocking mean that the revenues no longer cover the expenses. For this reason we will be closing this website within the next two months unless we can find a different model. If any users of the site would be interested in the possibility of taking this incredible archive or pictures and comments over including paying for hosting, please get in touch
Planes and Choppers
DH.112 Sea Venom FAW.22 WW138
C/n 12712 photographed on 19 April 2013 in Cobham Hall, the FAA Museum Yeovilton's reserve collection.
Built as an FAW.21 by de Havilland in Christchurch and delivered new to the Fleet Air Arm in March 1955. Flown by units at Yeovilton, Stretton and Hal Far, then to RNAY Belfast in 1959 for conversion to the FAW.22 specification. Later to Culdrose, Hal Far and Lossiemouth. Retired to the FAA Museum in June 1969, and relocated to Cobham Hall in July 2002.
Picture added on 29 September 2013 at 08:04