Cobham Hall - the aircraft
Photograph taken on 19 April 2013 in Cobham Hall, the FAA Museum reserve collection at Yeovilton.
In the foreground is de Havilland DH.115 Sea Vampire T.22 XA129, c/n 15407.
Built in 1954 as part of a batch of 53 at the de Havilland Christchurch factory, this Vampire served at RNAS Stretton, RNAS Lossiemouth, RNAS Yeovilton, RNA Lee on Solent, RNAY Belfast, RNAS Abbotsinch, RNAS Brawdy, Shorts Belfast, 5MU Kemble, back to RNAS Yeovilton then finally retired to the Fleet Air Arm Museum in July 1970. Since then it spent 15 years in store at Wroughton, then moved to the FAAM Reserve Collection here at Cobham Hall in November 1999.
Picture added on 28 September 2013 at 05:27