Planes and Choppers
Percival P.56 Provost T.1 WV606
Photographed in Newark Air Museum, Winthorpe, Notts. on 10 December 2012. C/n PAC/56/133. 550 hp (410 kW) Alvis Leonides 25 radial piston engine. The Provost entered service with the RAF in 1953 with the first batch of aircraft delivered to the Central Flying School (CFS) at RAF South Cerney. The CFS carried out intensive flight trials in May and June 1953 before instructor training commenced. The Provost was more capable than the Prentice it replaced, which allowed the students to move straight on to the de Havilland Vampire after training on the Provost.
Picture added on 17 July 2013 at 10:53