Grumman G-89 S2-F Tracker MM136556/41-6
S2F-1S1 ASW aircraft photographed at the Italian Air Force Museum at Vigna Di Valle, central Italy, on 12 October 2012. C/n 465.
This is a large high-wing monoplane with twin Wright Cyclone R-1820 nine cylinder radial engines, a yoke type arrestor hook and a crew of four. The first flight was on 4 December 1952, and production aircraft entered service in February 1954.
The complete aircraft seen here served with 161 Sqn, 86° GAAS, 41 Stormo, Aeronautica Militare Italiana in 1957. The nose section is from MM148295/41-35, c/n 724.
Picture added on 18 May 2013 at 08:22