Planes and Choppers
Convair CV 440 Metropolitan OH-LRB
Photographed on 25 June 2012 in the Finnish Aviation Museum at Vantaa, Finland. C/n 73.
Kar-Air Oy acquired two Convair 340 Metropolitans from the USA in 1957, which were transferred to Finnair in the 1960s. THis aircraft, OH-LRB, was handed over to Aero Oy (now Finnair Oy) on 18 May 1953 and it was later modified to CV 440 standard. As a CV 440-40 it was leased by Linjeflyg from Finnair between 1 April 1968 and 31 March 1969. It last flew on 30 April 1980, and donated to the museum on 4 November 1980.
Picture added on 10 November 2012 at 07:52