W.S.K SM-1SZ-600 HK-1
Photographed on 25 June 2012 in the Finnish Aviation Museum at Vantaa, Finland.
This is a Polish license-built version of the Soviet Mil Mi-1U light helicopter.
Following the first flight of the type on 20 September 1948, this became the first Soviet helicopter to go into series production.
Between 1951 and 1964, an estimated total of up to 3,000 were built in the Soviet Union and Poland.
The Finnish Air Force used a total of four between 1960 and 1966, and the Finnish Border Guard used two WSKs and one Mi-1. See also picture #17027
Picture added on 08 November 2012 at 13:47