Fouga CM 170 Magister FM-45
French 2-seat twin-engined trainer photographed on 24 June 2012 at The Aviation Museum of Central Finland, Tikkakoski.
This aircraft was designed by R. Castello and P. Mauboussin, hence 'CM'. The Finnish Air Force used 80 Magisters between 1955 and 1988, 62 of which were licence-built by Valmet.
This particular aircraft was completed by Valmet on 19 October 1962, and made the type's last flight in service with the Air Force on 19 December 1988, being flown by the Air Force C-in-C, Major-General Pertti Jokinen. He and his passenger Captain (Technician) Raimo Raunio had both ferried Magisters from France in the 1960s.
Picture added on 14 October 2012 at 10:03