Planes and Choppers
Gloster Javelin XH767
Photographed at the Yorkshire Air Museum, Elvington, on 20 May 2011.
Built at Hucclecote and delivered to 25 Squadron at RAF Waterbeach in December 1959, but was transferred to 11 Squadron at RAF Geilenkirchen in Germany only days later. Moving on to 228 OCU at RAF Binbrook in May 1965, XH767 was retired in 1967 and issued to 187 ATC at Worcester that summer. After display at the Avon Aviation Museum at Monkton, she finally moved to Horsham St. Faith in 1992. 23 Squadron were based at RAF Horsham St. Faith (now Norwich Airport), and it was in their colours that XH767 was displayed at the City of Norwich Aviation Museum. XH767 had been looking rather decrepit for some time but in 1998 and 1999 she was repainted and looked much better for it. The engines have been removed.
Picture added on 06 June 2011 at 08:41