Breguet C.U. 1 B1
Photographed in the Flyvapen Museum, Linköping, Sweden on 16 August 2006.
In 1911 the Swedish Government decided to order two flying machines, of which this was one, to be designated the B1.
It arrived in a crate at Axevalla in July 1912 and first flew after assembly in the same month. The engine is a Salmson Canotn-Unne type M 7-cylinder radial engine, delivering 85 hp.
It suffered frequent accidents, with its final flight on September 9, 1915 when it somersaulted on making a forced landing at Tolefors, just west of Malmen.
Restoration began in 1977, and was completed ten years later.
Picture added on 27 December 2010 at 07:55