The Wright Company was the commercial aviation business venture of the Wright Brothers, established by them in 1909 with a headquarters office in New York City, but its factory in Dayton, Ohio. The Wright Company concentrated its efforts on protecting the company's patent rights rather than on developing new aircraft or aircraft components, believing that innovations would hurt the company's efforts to obtain royalties from competing manufacturers or patent infringers. Wilbur Wright died in 1912, and in 1915, Orville Wright sold the company, which in 1916 merged with the Glenn L. Martin Company to form the Wright-Martin Company. Orville Wright estimated that the Wright Company built approximately 120 airplanes across all of its different models between 1910 and 1915.
1905 Wright Flyer III
This is the original Wright Flyer III, displayed in Carillon Park, Dayton, Ohio. In the autumn of 19...