The Goodyear Aircraft Corporation was created in 1939 in response to a contract from the Glenn L. Martin Company to design and build parts for its new aircraft, the B-26 Marauder. The existing Goodyear airship operations were moved over to Goodyear Aircraft Corporation in 1941. The Goodyear F2G "Super" Corsair was a development by the Goodyear Aircraft Company of the FG-1/F4U-1 Corsair design as a special low-altitude version of a fighter equipped with a Pratt & Whitney R-4360 28-cylinder, four-row radial air-cooled engine. By the end of WW2, only five each of the F2G-1 and F2G-2 aircraft were completed and further production was cancelled. Post-war, the company built Navy and commercial airships, a series of amphibians and a light helicopter.
"Corsair 57" - a Goodyear FG-1 Corsair - at the 2006 Reno Air Races - Unlimited Class
Goodyear blimp over race circuit Zandvoort, May 15 2011. Registration G-TLEL