Karhula Flying Club Museum, Kymi, Finland
The Flying Museum of Karhula Flying Club is situated on Kymi airfield, in the city of Kotka, Finland. Although the Museum began in 1992, when the Finnish Air Force donated to it a retired Fouga CM 170 Magister, the present museum hangar was not built until 1995. Many of the aircraft are still airworthy, notably a Gloster Gaunlet II.
34 Fighter Squadron operated from the airfield during WW2, having been constructed in 1942-3 and occupied by Finnish Messerschmitt Bf 109G fighters to defend Kotka.
Harakka II glider H-57
Photographed on 25 June 2012 in The Flying Museum of Karhula Flying Club hangar at Kymi airfield.
SZD-9 Bocian glider
2-seat glider photographed on 25 June 2012 in The Flying Museum of Karhula Flying Club hangar at Kym...